March 5, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

I can't believe I have never posted this recipe, as this is a staple in my husband's family. This is a holiday meal, but it's also a special get-together menu item. Unfortunately, since I've been pregnant, the thought of this repulses me (even the idea of typing the recipe, so I'm just going to type quickly). They are delicious, so I can't understand why baby does NOT like them.

Cheesy Potatoes
2 lbs. hashbrown potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups grated cheese
Crushed cornflakes

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine first 8 ingredients together. Place into a 9 x 13 pan coated with non-stick spray. Top with cornflakes. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until cornflakes are golden and potatoes are bubbly. (This freezes well for later baking.)

No comments: