November 5, 2018

Sunday Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes were served about once a year when I was a child, at Thanksgiving topped with melted marshmallows. The only part of the sweet potatoes that I really liked was the marshmallows.

Times have changed. I've turned to sweet potatoes the last several years as I've worked at incorporating more vegetables into my life and cleaner energy sources for my runs. And I've discovered that I really enjoy them. I think this is still my favorite variation, but this recipe from Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. is also a good one to throw in the mix.

Sunday Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the sweet potatoes into small 1-inch cubes, with the skin left on.

Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, and toss with olive oil, garlic powder and salt. Spread out, so they aren't touching.

Bake 15 minutes, stir and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Makes 5 servings.

No comments: