November 20, 2018

Chocolate Bundt Cake

I don't often bake bundt cakes, but I did get a nice pan finally in the past couple years, which was perfect for making this cake from I am Baker. I had forgotten about this blog and was pleasantly surprised to find it again. This chocolate bundt cake captured my attention, particularly with the Russian piping tips.

So, not that I really needed them, but I tossed a pack of Russian piping tips into my Amazon cart and baked the cake. Here's the recipe, as I tweaked it.



Chocolate Bundt Cake
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup hot water
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. chocolate extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost as desired. pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: