November 11, 2018

Miso Kale Chips

I know I've posted a lot of recipes with kale. I waited until way too late in the season and then attempted to eat all my kale from my garden before it froze. The last of the kale I could salvage was made into my second batch of these kale chips from Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. because I find them strangely addictive.

Miso Kale Chips
1 large bunch kale, stems removed
1/4 cup raw cashews
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. miso paste
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika

Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 baking sheets with silipats or parchment. Wash and dry the kale, and rip into pieces.

In a food processor or blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Pulse until the mixture forms a thick paste. In a large bowl, work the paste into the kale pieces, using your hands to work it evenly onto the kale.

Spread the kale pieces on baking sheets, but do not overlap. Bake 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and then bake another 7 to 10 minutes or until crispy. I usually pull off the ones that are crispy and keep popping the rest back in the oven for another few minutes until the crispy. Cool completely, and enjoy! These don't hold up well for long, but they also don't last long!

No comments: