November 11, 2018

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

The neat thing about these muffins from I am Baker is that they contain no processed sugar aside from the chocolate chips I added. They are sweetened with honey and banana, yet they were a huge hit with my son. In fact, he requested we make them for Christmas because they are the best muffins ever. (Wrong, child. I think these are probably my favorite muffins. But these blackberry cobbler biscuits are probably what I'll make around Christmas. So delicious.)

I'll be repeating these, though, as they're healthy enough for me to feel good about my child eating more than one throughout the day. Here's the recipe with the tweak I made for the top of the muffins instead of the glaze.

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pinch of salt
2 medium bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
1 Hershey's candy bar, optional

Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Then add the peanut butter, honey, yogurt, almond milk, egg and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Divide mixture among 12 muffin tins, either greased or lined. Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until done. (The top should spring back if you gently touch it.) Makes 12 muffins.

No comments: