August 1, 2012

Savory Kale Chips

My husband has come a long way in his willingness to taste new foods. Still, he was a bit skeptical when I shoved a kale chip into his mouth while saying, "Try this." However, after the cautious face while trying to decipher if I was poisoning him, he grabbed for a chip. And then another. And then another.

These salty kale chips were a hit with both my husband, my 9-month old son and me. My husband's only complaint was the fact he tasted them long after he ate them since they seemed to flavor his burps for the afternoon.


Savory Kale Chips
1 lb. kale
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt (adjust as desired)

Preheat the oven to 300°F. Wash and dry the kale. Remove the leaves from the stalk, and cut or rip kale into snack-sized pieces. Mix the kale with the oil and salt.

Spread the kale on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for about 15 minutes or until crispy.

No comments: