August 30, 2012

Crunchy Chickpeas

My husband loves salty (and crunchy) snacks whereas sweets are my weakness. What? You already discovered that about me? Huh, wonder how ...

Anyways, with our impending vacation, I cam across this recipe in my latest Cooking Light magazine and thought they sounded like my husband's idea of a snack ... as long as he doesn't think they're healthy beans.


Crunchy Chickpeas
2 (15 1/2 oz.) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1 garlic clove, minced

Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap chickpeas in a towel, and lightly roll to loosen skins. Discard the skins. Combine chickpeas and the remaining ingredients. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool, and store in an airtight container. Makes 8 servings.

No comments: