August 1, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Kale Chips

When I looked at the plethora of kale in our garden, the only thing that came to mind was kale chips. Since I had no shortage of kale, I decided to try a couple varieties of chips. I recalled a kale recipe from Cupcake Project, so I tried that version for a sweeter snack.

These chips are sweet with a hint of healthy green. I think they're pretty tasty, and they're a fairly healthy snack. I'm thinking I need to pick more kale to make another couple batches. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they lasted ... although best fresh, they were still good after a week.


Cinnamon Sugar Kale Chips
1 lb. kale
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. sugar

Preheat the oven to 300°F. Wash and dry the kale. Remove the leaves from the stalk, and cut or rip kale into snack-sized pieces. Mix the kale with the oil, cinnamon and sugar.

Spread the kale on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for about 15 minutes or until crispy.

No comments: