January 5, 2014

Vanilla Almond Sun Butter

I've been slowly working my way through Edible Perspective's collection of homemade nut butters. I have yet to find one I didn't like among her recipes.

The latest was her Vanilla Almond Sun Butter. This is delicious, perhaps not as addictive as the Cake Batter Cashew Butter, but I think that's a good thing ...


Vanilla Almond Sun Butter
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons raw sugar
2 vanilla beans, scraped for seeds
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat your oven to 300°F. Roast almonds on a pan for about 20 minutes, turning once or twice, until lightly golden brown. Let cool about 15 minutes, and pour into your food processor along with the sunflower seeds, sugar, vanilla and salt.

Process until the butter is smooth, scraping down the bowl a few times. It should be smooth within 8 to 12 minutes.

Store in refrigerator. (Don't worry, it will still be very spreadable.) Makes slightly more than a half pint.

No comments: