January 24, 2014

Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad

I love brussels sprouts. One of the tastiest vegetables there is ... particularly because I don't have them all that often. This recipe from Pinch of Yum inspired me to buy brussels sprouts. And I'm glad I did.

This was delicious. Warm the first day was my favorite, but the cold leftovers were tasty as well. I made a few substitutions below ... and I'll leave off the dressing recipe since that really didn't do it for me. Dress as you desire, check out the original recipe for that take or eat them naked.

Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad
1/2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
4 cups sliced Brussels sprouts 
1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1/4 cup crumbly cheese (I used queso fresco)
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine butter and pecans in an oven-safe dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until pecans are toasted. Drain excess butter into a skillet. Saute brussels sprouts in the leftover butter until lightly golden.

Combine all ingredients. Serve warm or cold. Makes 4 side dishes or 2 entrees.

No comments: