January 5, 2014

Roasted Butter Pecans

Butter pecan has never been my flavor. However, when my sister-in-law requested that flavor for her baby shower cupcakes, I discovered something. Fake butter pecan isn't my flavor. Real buttered pecans, on the other hand, are amazing!

When I wanted to lick the cookie sheet, I knew I was onto something. So I decided to make a batch of roasted butter pecans to enjoy in their own glory.


Roasted Butter Pecans
4 cups whole pecan halves
1 stick butter

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread pecans evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Add a stick of butter. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 to 10 minutes, until golden.

Drain pecans, reserving butter. Enjoy pecans. Use the reserved roasted pecan butter for something wonderful (like frosting, roasted vegetables, etc.) Makes 4 cups of pecans.

No comments: