September 17, 2013

Salted Caramel Popcorn

I am hopelessly addicted to caramel popcorn. Hopelessly. If I were still pregnant or in the first couple weeks afterward, I am pretty sure I would eat the entire batch in a day. As it is, I'm trying to show some restraint.

I found this at Cookies and Cups right after I made a delicious salted caramel sauce from Brown Eyed Baker. That made me figure it was destiny to make this. As all, caramel popcorn, it's delicious. I would recommend the higher amount of salt for a little extra pizazz.


Ignore the craptastic picture. Just consider yourself lucky I didn't devour it all before snapping a quick shot. 

Salted Caramel Popcorn
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 16 cups popped corn)
1 cup salted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 - 2 tsp. kosher or sea salt, divided

Preheat oven to 300° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.

Pop popcorn kernels using air popper into a large bowl.

In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp. salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn, and stir to coat evenly.

Pour popcorn into lined pan, sprinkle remaining salt on top (1/2 tsp. - 1 tsp. depending on your personal preference) and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Allow popcorn to cool on a parchment lined counter.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious and surprisingly easy. And a dessert-y popcorn? Pretty much a movie night's dream! ;)