February 24, 2018

Zucchini Waffles

Since Teddy likes to self-serve frozen waffles and pancakes from the freezer, it seemed logical that I should attempt to sneak some veggies into waffles and pancakes. I haven't attempted pancakes yet, although I'm thinking I might make pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning.

These zucchini waffles from Gimme Some Oven smell delicious, and Teddy seemed to eat them the same as my other waffle recipe. As in, he ate a couple squares and then proceeded to take them from the freezer. They aren't a crisp waffle, so I'm thinking they'll be perfect warmed in the toaster.

Zucchini Waffles
2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Shred zucchini, and wring it dry using a dish towel. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, and mix well. Fold in zucchini.

Use a preheated waffle maker to cook the waffles, using about 1/2 cup batter per waffle. Makes 8 waffles. 



No comments: