February 20, 2018

Whole 30 Cereal Granola

This recipe from Wholesome Yum intrigued me because it fits within Whole 30. I'm not a huge cereal person, so cereal isn't a sacrifice for me. But granola is something I enjoy, and I am curious how this would be with vanilla almond milk. Right now, I'm picturing it over the chocolate smoothie bowl. Yum.

As it is, it's delicious to snack on its own. I adapted the recipe slightly to remove the sweetener. And I forgot the butter or coconut oil by accident, which I'm sure would make it even more delicious.

Whole 30 Cereal Granola
1 cup almonds
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup pecans
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup golden flaxseed, ground
1 large egg white
1/4 cup butter (ghee or coconut oil can be substituted)
1 tsp. vanilla 

Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a blender or food processor, pulse the almonds until partially chopped, then add macadamia nuts and pecans. Pulse once or twice. Then add the remaining dry ingredients. Pulse once more.

Add the remaining ingredients, and pulse until blended. Stir together by hand if needed to maintain some larger pieces of nuts. Spread mixture evenly on a large cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly golden brown. It may seem soft but should crisp as it cools.

Let cool completely, and break into clumps. Makes about 3 cups.

No comments: