August 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting

I managed to leave work early enough Friday to get cupcakes made and frosted by the time our friends arrived at 6 p.m. (even with the need to run to the store for cocoa and brown sugar ... it's a good thing I still had my shoes on from work, though, otherwise I think I would have forgotten to put on shoes for the store since I was in a bit of a hurry). 
I made one of my standby chocolate cupcake recipes and frosted them with a recipe I found at Cupcake Project for Peanut Butter Cookie Dough frosting. The frosting is made from edible cookie dough, edible meaning no raw eggs, so you can eat the entire 2 cups at once without worrying about dying from salmonella. 

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Frosting
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla exract
 
Mix everything in a mixing bowl, and pipe onto your favorite cupcakes. 

No comments: