June 1, 2012

Best Chocolate Sauce

This is a David Lebovitz recipe that's mighty tasty. However, I'm not completely convinced it's the best chocolate sauce. I made this instead of using chocolate syrup to top my latest cupcakes. I do think this will remain in my list of repeat recipes ... at least until I find a Better than the Best Chocolate Sauce.


Best Chocolate Sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped

In a medium saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, corn syrup  and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it’s just begun to simmer and boil, remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted.

Let the chocolate sauce stand for a few hours before serving, which will give it time to thicken a bit. To store,  place in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Rewarm before serving. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

No comments: