February 14, 2012

Homemade Irish Cream (Baileys)

I was sent the recipe for Irish Car Bomb Cupcake, and they seem like the perfect accompaniment to our annual Brewfest tradition. (Thanks, Lindsay!) I didn't have any Bailey's Irish Cream on hand, but I did have the recipe to make my own courtesy of the Cupcake Project

The verdict was the homemade Irish cream is delicious, although it's a bit thick right now in the refrigerator. However, I'm sure that once it's shaken and warms up a bit, it'll pour quite nicely. 

 
Homemade Irish Cream
1 cup light cream (I used heavy whipping cream, which made it even richer and probably thicker)
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey
1 tsp. instant coffee
2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract

Combine all ingredients in a blender and set on high speed for 30 seconds. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Shake before using. Will keep for up to 2 months.

No comments: