January 14, 2012

Green Beans with Toasted Garlic

Mmmm ...

These are delicious. And simple.

My family dug through my stack of flagged Cooking Light recipes and made these for my husband and I the day we brought our son home from the hospital. I devoured a generous portion and then proceeded to split the last few beans in the serving bowl with my brother. I repeated the recipe this week, and we ate them all before we could capture their photographic soul.

Green Beans with Toasted Garlic
1 lb. green beans, trimmed
2 tsp. butter
1 tsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the beans, and cook five minutes. Drain beans, and place in an ice water bath.

Meanwhile, heat a large skillet with the butter and oil. Add the garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Remove garlic  slices. Add drained green beans, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Toss with garlic slices. Makes 4 servings. (Or 2. Green beans are vegetables. They're healthy.)

No comments: