October 19, 2011

Tipsy Applesauce

I have made applesauce for the past several years. This was the first year I experimented with Brandied Apples (post coming soon), and I had a bit of brandy syrup left after that project. Rather than wasting good brandy, I decided to make Brandied Applesauce. Here's my rough recipe since I never measure anything when making applesauce.


Brandied Applesauce
As many apples as can fit into your heavy cooking pot (cored and cut into chunks)
About 2 inches of water in the bottom of your pot
1/2 cup brandy
Sugar to taste
Cinnamon to taste

Cook until apples are mushy. Process through a food mill to remove skins and turn the apples into a pulp. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Pack into hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Process in hot water bath 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Lindsay Beaman said...

Delicious! We'll take seconds.