May 14, 2020

Sourdough Discard Crackers

I saw quite a few people trying sourdough discard crackers, so I jumped on the bandwagon using a recipe from Little Spoon Farm. I tweaked it slightly because I thought everything bagel crackers sounded good. Well, from the one I tried, they are quite good. So good that my husband ate the remainder of the 3 batches I made!

These are easy and required simple ingredients I had on hand. You can season them with herbs, hard cheeses, etc. to suit your preferences and what's available.

Sourdough Discard Crackers
200 g. sourdough starter
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. everything bagel seasoning

Preheat oven to 325°F. In a bowl, combine discard, butter and seasoning. (You can use all the seasoning at once or reserve 1/3 to sprinkle on top. Tastes the same, but the seasoning on top enhances the appearance.)

Spread in a thin layer on a sheet of parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes, remove from the oven and score into cracker shapes using a knife or pizza cutter. Return to the oven, baking a total of 40 to 50 minutes or until crunchy. I usually end up removing the crackers that are done and letting the rest bake a few more minutes as mine are never baked perfectly evenly.

Makes apparently 1 serving of crackers, although I think it's supposed to probably be at least 4 servings.

No comments: