March 2, 2018

Lemon Miso Dressing

Let me preface this post by saying it took me a really long time to find miso at the grocery store. I looked at several stores each time I was there and remembered I was interested in trying it. I could never figure out where it was kept until I finally found it in the refrigerated produce section at one store.

I haven't tasted miso on its own, but I've been adding bits to soups and stir fries. This recipe from Run Fast, Eat Slow caught my eye because it uses miso, of which I now have a rather large container. (Who knows when I'd find it again? It seems to have a long shelf life.) This dressing is fantastic. It made my simple salad pop. It's bright yet satisfying. This is one to repeat as long as I have or can find miso. This will probably be my go-to dressing for now.

Lemon Miso Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. miso paste, preferably white
1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a glass jar. Use a fork to stir in the miso, and then shake vigorously to emulsify. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If it solidifies, microwave briefly until melted. Makes about 1 cup.

No comments: