February 20, 2017

Cheese-Stuffed Garlic Pull-Apart Bread

This weekend, we made deep dish pizza. Not that we needed anything to accompany it, but I found it hard to resist these cheese knots from Cookies & Cups.

I cheated and used store-bought pizza crust, so I'm going to show that version. This was a hit and worth repeating.

As a side note: my son ripped one of the keys off the computer keyboard, so I have to avoid using that key. Any guesses as to which one?

(I'm copying/pasting the recipe ... otherwise, it's not something I can do.)

Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
1 thawed pizza dough, proofed
8 oz. mozzarella
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut the cheese into 32 pieces or cubes. Cut the dough into 32 pieces. Wrap each piece of dough around a piece of cheese.

Combine butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Dip each dough ball into the melted butter mixture. Place in 10-inch Bundt pan. Pour any remaining butter over rolls, and cover with towel. Let the dough rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.

Bake the rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan, and then invert on serving plate. Serve warm. Makes 32 pieces.

No comments: