June 16, 2015

Chocolate Mug Cake

Since it's been over two months since I blogged last, it's about time I post something spectacular here. Instead I'm posting this mug cup recipe from The Table for Two. It may not be an awe-inspiring layer cake, but it is pretty amazing to have a rather tasty cake ready to eat in a matter of minutes.

I've been a bit bogged down by life lately (and trying to eat a bit healthier), which is why my posts have been lacking. I'm hoping to get a bit more posted here until we disappear at the end of August for 3 weeks of camping and hiking in our national parks.

This is well worth the time to give it a try. I recommend using regular cocoa powder, as the dark cocoa powder I used doesn't really make the cake better. (I've done both ways.) The spoonful of peanut butter (or chocolate peanut butter) is a tasty addition, and you can get creative and drop in a truffle or something else to make it deliciously your own.


Chocolate Mug Cake
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. milk
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. peanut butter (or chocolate peanut butter)

Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mug. In a separate small bowl, combine milk and oil. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until combined. Add a dollop of peanut butter on top of the batter, and microwave 70 seconds. (You may need to adjust microwave time based on your microwave strength.) Let cool enough you don't scald your tongue, and dig in.

No comments: