April 14, 2015

Cashew Granola

This recipe from Floating Kitchen doesn't take the top spot for granola in our house, but it's a close second for me. I wanted to make it so much that I made my own cashew butter, which tells you how much I wanted it. My variation omits the banana chips because that's just gross. Give me all the chocolate and cashews please!

Cashew Granola
4 cups oats
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup cocoa nibs
1/4 tsp. salt (Use just a dash if your cashews are salted.)
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
4 oz. dark chocolate, chopped

Pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.

In a large bowl stir together the oats, cashews, cocoa nibs and salt. Set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the cashew butter, coconut oil and maple syrup, stirring frequently until smooth. (This can be done by microwaving in intervals as well.) Remove it from the heat, and pour it over the oat mixture, stirring until everything is well coated.

Spread the oat mixture out onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake in your oven for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Turn your oven off, and leave the oat mixture in your still warm oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with chocolate and set aside to cool. Makes about 6 cups of deliciousness.




No comments: