January 27, 2015

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges

I came across these wedges on Natasha's Kitchen, and I promptly made them for my family. These are quite tasty and easy, and I think they'll be a regular guest at our dinner table. The seasonings are great, and they're fairly healthy.

Of course, then I made a version of dip reminiscent of Granite City dip, which is oh so addictive. My rendition isn't a perfect match, but I think I'm moving in the right direction for an authentic recreation. The dip wasn't healthy, and the recipe isn't perfect yet, so only potatoes for now.

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges
4 russet potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 450°F. Wash & cut potatoes into wedges by cutting lengthwise in half, and then slicing each half into 4 slices.

Place potatoes in a bowl of water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 minutes, and then dry with paper towels.

Combine salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Add potatoes, and shake them to coat. Next add olive oil to the bag, and toss until potatoes are coated.

Line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silipat. Place potatoes on the lined sheet, and bake at for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.

If desired, combine parsley and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Toss potato wedges in the mixing bowl with parsley and cheese, and serve warm. (I skipped this since my husband deems Parmesan to be in the category of feet cheese.)

No comments: