January 12, 2015

Cheesy Sausage Balls

These were one of the snacks I made for my family's Christmas Eve celebration, and they were certainly a hit. The original Cooking Light recipe calls for reduced-fat cheese and sausage. I used full-fat varieties as I had those on hand, but I imagine even the lighter version would be delicious. These are a new favorite, and they're easy to make.

Cheese Sausage Balls
1 cup cooked quinoa, chilled
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb. pork sausage

Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Shape mixture into 40 balls. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake 18 minutes or until lightly browned and done. You can freeze the shaped sausage balls before baking. Simply bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and done. Makes 20 appetizer portions of 2 sausage balls each.

No comments: