March 3, 2014

Cookie Dough Truffles

I know I've said it before, but it's a good thing I took up running. Last week I wanted brownies, so I made a pan of delicious fudgy brownies. The next day I made edible cookie dough to make cookie dough brownie sandwiches. Brownies disappeared rapidly, but then we had leftover cookie dough. I knew I would just continue snacking on it until it was all gone, so I decided to spruce it up a bit with a recipe from Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook.

These truffles are incredibly easy to make and even easier to eat. They would be a very well-received gift or treat at a gathering.


Cookie Dough Truffles
Cookie Dough
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Dipping Chocolate
8 oz. dark chocolate

Beat together the butter and sugars. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Gradually add flour until combined, and stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1-inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes.

Melt chocolate on medium power in the microwave, and then dip truffles to coat in the chocolate. Garnish with sprinkles if desired. (You could easily use white or milk chocolate as you desire.) My leftovers made about 10 truffles, but you'll end up with many more.

No comments: