May 16, 2012

Sea Salt and Honey Almond Butter

This was my first attempt at a homemade nut butter, and I'm hooked. This Sea Salt and Honey Almond Butter is much cheaper than a jar from the store. It's fun to make (if you're me or my son) and delicious. A hint of salt, a touch of sweet and delicious roasted almonds. The original recipe came from Naturally Ella.


Sea Salt and Honey Almond Butter
2 cups roasted almonds
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. sea salt

If using non pre-roasted almonds, place almonds on a baking tray. Roast at 275ºF for 45 minutes. Almonds should have a nice roasted flavor to them. (I taste tested a few to make sure they were perfect ... I had a hard time stopping myself from eating them. I foresee roasted almonds in my future.) If using roasted almonds, skip this step.
Place almonds in a food processor and turn on. Almonds will go through different stages, but let the food processor run until the oil has released and almond butter has smoothed out (it will ball up right before this happens.) Turn off food processor, and transfer to a mason jar.
Stir in salt and honey. Cover with an airtight lid, and keep in the refrigerator.

No comments: