March 7, 2012

Lamb Burgers

We bought ground lamb at the farmer's market, and it's been sitting in our freezer patiently waiting for me to be inspired. (Mind you, we bought the lamb because I wanted to try something new.) I finally pulled a pound out of the freezer and scoured the Internet for inspiration. I liked the idea of lamb burgers, so I used some of the online recipes as a starting point. The end result was delicious lamb burgers, so I'm posting the recipe for the next time I have ground lamb.

Lamb Burgers
1 lb. ground lamb
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. Penzey's  Fox Point seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients together, and let the flavors meld in the refrigerator for a couple hours. Shape meat into four patties, and broil on high heat until done, about 8 to 12 minutes. (I had mine on the third rack from the top, so they weren't right by the broiler.) Serve on crusty bread, topped with cheese if desired. Serves 4.

No comments: