February 20, 2011

Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese Pasta)

While browsing other blogs for ideas (as if I don't already have more recipes to try than hours in my day), I came across the Pioneer Woman. Her Web site intrigued me, and her Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi moved to the top of my list of recipes to try. I adapted her recipe slightly, but you can find the original on her blog: The Pioneer Woman.

It was amazing for me, but my husband really didn't care for it. Granted I used four cheeses that he describes as "feet" cheese because they smell like feet in his mind. Had I used more common cheeses, I believe he would have enjoyed it more.

Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi (Four Cheese Pasta)
1 lb. angel hair pasta
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Romano
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup grated Asiago
1/2 cup grated provolone
1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground pepper

Boil water for pasta, and cook to al dente. Reserve some of the pasta water prior to draining the pasta. Meanwhile, heat butter and cream together until cream is warm and butter is melted.

Combine together drained pasta, cream, butter and cheeses. Gently toss until combined, although it's fine if all the cheese is not melted. Add pasta water to the mixture as needed to produce a creamy final product that is not all clumped together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Serve immediately (or else your cheese will begin to clump together, which will not change the flavor but will alter the smooth texture). Serves approximately 8-10 people.

No comments: