April 26, 2021

Sourdough Discard Crackers

These are amazing. I can make a triple batch, and they're gone within a couple days. They truly are best if you follow the proportions in the recipe from Little Spoon Farmer. I may have winged a few batches that just weren't quite as tasty. I've tried these with a chipotle-type seasoning that was tasty, but I preferred everything bagel seasoning over that version. Lately, I've been on a rosemary kick, and those are my favorite thus far. I can't wait for fresh rosemary to make these instead of buying jars of rosemary ... seriously, who buys two jars of rosemary in a month?


Sourdough Discard Crackers
200 grams sourdough discard
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dried herbs
1/4 tsp. flaky salt for sprinkling on top

Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

Melt the butter, and combine with the discard, 1/4 tsp. salt and herbs. Mix until thoroughly combined. Use a spatula to spread the mixture in a thin, even layer onto the parchment paper. Sprinkle the top with flaky salt. 

Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and score the crackers. Return to the oven, and check them again in 15 minutes. Continue to bake them until they are crispy. (I often will pull off the edge crackers that are crispy and done and put the pan back in.) 

No comments: