December 7, 2016

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Even though I leave in a few days for a week away with my husband in the Virgin Islands (without kids!!!), I'm still busy tackling projects I really don't need to do but think they'd be fun anyways. That includes this recipe from Dessert. Design. Life. for hot chocolate on a spoon. The boys are giving their teachers mugs with cocoa, so it should be homemade cocoa, right? And it should come with a quilted homemade snowman mug rug, too, right? I was just making the mug rugs for each boy's teacher, but then AJ informed me it wouldn't be fun to just give his teacher's aide a mug with cocoa. So now I'm trying to finish up a couple more mug rugs, so AJ has "fun" gifts to give apparently.

Anyways, these were easy to put together, and so far my boys have enjoyed the 3 misfits that cracked when I removed them from the ice cube trays.

Hot Chocolate on a Stick
16 oz. chocolate, chopped (not chocolate chips)
1/3 cup cocoa (40 g.)
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (110 g.)
1/8 tsp. salt
Dash cinnamon

Melt chocolate on half power in the microwave, stirring every 30 to 60 seconds until smooth. Add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt and cinnamon to the chocolate. eKep mixing until combined.

Spoon chocolate into ice cube trays, and tap several times to level and fill any gaps. Let set somewhat, and then insert stick. Allow to firm on counter top several hours or in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. Unmold. Makes 16 hot chocolates.

To make hot chocolate, stir a spoon into 6-8 oz of hot milk (or milk mixed with half & half) until melted.

No comments: