October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Pie Spice Caramel Corn

My addiction to homemade caramel corn is well documented through the years on my blog, so it wasn't surprising to me that I bookmarked this recipe from Cookies and Cups. I made it, consumed it in place of a few meals and then took it to a Halloween party. (I'm smart enough to know by now that caramel corn is much like an open bottle of alcohol ... it should only be transported stowed securely in the trunk. Otherwise it disappears on the drive. The caramel corn, I mean, not the alcohol.)

Like most caramel corns I've made, this is so easy to make. It's a nice twist for fall, especially for those of us who can't stand coffee, regardless of how much you spice it with pumpkin.


Pumpkin Pie Spice Caramel Corn
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
16 cups popped corn

Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set this aside.

In a small saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.

Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Place popcorn in a giant bowl, and pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn, stirring to coat evenly.

Spread popcorn onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Allow the popcorn to cool completely. Makes about 16 cups.

No comments: