February 25, 2015

Oatmeal Cookie Granola

This is another recipe from Seriously Delish by Jessica Merchant. I like this granola, especially with my substitution of a Ghirardelli dark chocolate with toffee bar chopped up to replace the chocolate chips. (Go figure. I misspelled kindergarten every time when I was researching if I really need to send my child to school, but I can type Ghirardelli perfectly the first time. Priorities.)

This probably isn't my favorite, but it's good enough to make the mix when I want something different.


Oatmeal Cookie Granola
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup flaxseed, ground
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with a silipat or parchment paper.

In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, brown sugar salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook it, stirring often, until it is browned and smells nutty. Add the coconut oil and honey, and stir until they are melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Combine with dry ingredients until evenly mixed.

Spread out evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake for 10 more minutes, stirring at least one more time. Remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes before sprinkling with chocolate. Stir gently, and then cool completely. Makes about 4 cups.

No comments: