May 14, 2013

Reese's Fudge Pie

My mom was slightly offended I turned town her offer to make my birthday cake. I think she got over it somewhat when she tasted this. It's not that I don't like my mom's cooking. Her chocolate ice cream cake remains one of my favorites. The problem is I have so many recipes bookmarked to try and not nearly enough occasions to justify making them.

This version I found on Miranda's Recipes. It's a modified version from another blog, and I modified it more to suit my ingredients. This is definitely a repeat recipe whenever I want a decadent (and remarkably easy) dessert.


Reese's Fudge Pie
Crust
15-18 Nutter Butter cookies, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
Fudge
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups dark chocolate chips
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Reese's Pieces
Peanut Butter Mousse
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
Garnish
1/4 cup melted dark chocolate for drizzle

Mix together finely crushed cookies and butter. Press evenly into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.

Mix all ingredients besides the Reese's candy into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Fudge will be thick. Spread over crust. Gently press Reese's Pieces into the fudge.

Mix peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a mixer until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over top of fudge. Drizzle with melted chocolate.

Chill for at least an hour before serving. Makes a 10-inch pie that's sufficiently decadent to serve 16.

No comments: