July 14, 2024

Raspberry Crumble Bars

It's been quite a while since I've posted, as life gets busier and busier it seems. I continue to bake and cook my way through life and decided I needed to get back into the habit of posting the recipes here, so I can find my favorites again.

Our garden produces an abundance of raspberries, so this recipe from A Classic Twist caught my eye. The raspberries are the star of the show, though I added a drop or two of rose water to make them extra special.

Raspberry Crumble Bars
Crumble

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 sticks butter, melted
Filling
12 oz. fresh or frozen raspberries
1/3 cup sugar

2 1/2 Tbsp. flour
Zest and juice of a small lemon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 pan with butter, and line it with parchment paper. 

Combine all crumb ingredients together, and press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake 15 minutes. 

While the crust is baking, combine the filling ingredients, mashing the raspberries as you mix. Spoon filling over crust layer, and top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake another 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown and the raspberry mixture is jam-like in consistency.

Cool at least 1 hour before cutting.  

No comments: