July 14, 2024

Chocolate Granola

I love homemade granola. I don't recall ever buying it from the store because it's so easy to make at home, and there are so many delicious recipes online to follow. While I have chocolate granola recipes I love, I couldn't resist trying this one from Blue Bowl

I added in cocoa nibs near the end, simply because I have them in the cupboard and love their flavor and texture. I also had to swap walnuts for pecans based on what I had on hand. I highly recommend tripling or quadrupling the recipe if your family goes through granola like mine.

Chocolate Granola
1 1/2 cups whole oats
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cane sugar
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. cocoa nibs
Flakey sea salt

Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine all dry ingredients together, except the chocolate chips and cocoa nibs. Add in liquid ingredients, and mix well to combine. Spread onto parchment-lined baking sheet.

Bake 12 minutes, and then stir, adding cocoa nibs if desired. Bake another 12-14 minutes until done. Sprinkle on chocolate chips, and then sprinkle with salt once chocolate is slightly melted. Let cool completely (up to 2 hours) before packaging to enjoy the best clumps. 

No comments: