December 11, 2019

Quick Asian Noodles

I swear I had a recipe for a quick dinner with ramen noodles on my blog, but I couldn't find it. Kind of like how how I can't find gochujang at the grocery store now when I swear I found it before ...

So when I searched out this recipe from Recipe Tin Eats I had to make sure I captured this recipe on my blog. This is a perfect weeknight dinner because it takes less than 30 minutes start to finish. It's flavorful and my entire family liked it. Heck, my youngest even ate a few tiny pieces of broccoli snuck in with his.

Quick Asian Noodles
2 packets ramen (discard seasoning)
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 onion
7 oz. ground beef (we substituted some thinly sliced beef)
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup water (can use all water if needed)
Sauce
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tsp. Hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. mirin

Combine sauce ingredients, and set aside. (I only had soy sauce and mirin, so I added some szechaun sauce as well. It's pretty forgiving. Gochujang would be a great substitute if I could find it again at the grocery store.)

Heat oils in medium skillet over high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Add beef, and cook until it is light brown. Then add sauce. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the beef is well caramelized.

Push the beef aside to make room for the noodles. Add the broth and water, and place the noodles in the water. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, and then flip. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes until softened.

Toss all the ingredients together to mix. Serves 4.

Note: We like to serve this in a bowl with steamed broccoli mixed in, topped with sesame seeds. 

No comments: